Monday, October 23, 2006

Two months ago today...

I arrived in Belgium... crazy, huh? So I just found out that my dad is coming to visit this weekend and I am so excited! It may mean no Taste of Chaos but I think I will live and I couldn't find anyone to go with anyway.

Today I didn't have to go to school! Yay! Well, actually, I did go to school but it wasn't mine. I went to this thing called Speak Academy. Pretty much me and some friends went to this school in Bruxelles and we watched a movie that I think is called Swing Boys? I dunno, it was about this kid who rebelld against Hitler with swing music? You can tell how well I paid attention to the movie... But it was cool I met a bunch of new people, some new Belges friends. One in fact has an amazing taste in music and I was so happy to meet her! She introduced me to this new band called The Kooks who are reeeeaaaally cool. AND she knew Jack's Mannequin already which pretty much made my day.

Oh! I almost forgot about yesterday! My counselor took me and my little German friend Franziska to the south of Belgium. We went to this cave where there are a ton of stalagtites/mites. They were so pretty. So during one part they turned off all the lights except the ones that light the path for a dramatic effect or something? So all I see are these lights and shadows of feet walking up the side of a wall while they played LOTR music. I was so reminded of the Mines of Moria, I was expecting a troll to pop out at me any minute. And then, me and Franziska saw a bat... not a good thing. After that I was totally freakin out, gettin all paranoid and just at the peak of my paranoia, the water decides to drop on the top of my head. Yeah, I screamed. Then Franziska almost peed her pants.

That's all I can think of right now and the only reason I'm typing this is because I'm trying to put off studying for one quite large French test tomorrow... wo I'd better be doing that.

Bisous,
Chelsea

1 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

time goes by super fast doesn't it? can't wait till you get to come back home to good old utah.... :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home