Beginning of a social life?
Yeah, so, it's no lie that since Ive been here I've had pretty much zero social life. I don't deny it. BUT I think that's about to change. So yesterday I was waiting for the train after school with some friends and they invited me to come hang out with them that night so I was like score 1 for not being a loser anymore! So anyhoo, we went to Louvain-La-Neuve and just chilled in the grand place and some little park. Honestly, we didn't do a whole lot but I'd rather not do a whole lot with friends than by myself. Most of the people there were a grade older than me and they are all really cool.Today we didn't have school so me and a bunch of other exchange students went to Antwerp for the day. It was so fun. Me and my friend Neah (I have no idea how to spell her name but that's how its pronounced) took the train to Brussels and met everyone there then went on to Antwerp. I'm pretty in love with the city. It's really old and way cool. We went shopping for a little bit then went to a grocery store to buy some baguettes and cheese to have a picnic in the park. I know, cheesy, huh? Then we went to a museum that I really didn't like that much. It was all abstract sculptures and normally I'm ok with it but they were just... too weird for me. We did a little sightseeing too. Two of the students with us live right by the city so they gave us a little tour. And I met another girl and she was wearing a Mae shirt and when I saw it I got so excited, then she got all excited that I actually knew who they were and she's gonna go to Matt Costa with me. Yay for Matt Costa!
Ok interesting fact of the day: did you know that when you go to the bathroom on the train it just flushes onto the tracks?? Yeah, I was amazed. This guy Kelsey went pee while the train was stopped and Neah was like "Um... you could be fined for that." And we were all like um... what? Then she was talking about how when we're stopped you can see the pee going down onto the tracks and they don't like that so they'll fine you. She's what we call an oldie cuz she's Australian and been here since January so she knows things like this. Well, I thought it was really funny. I think I'll post my pics of Antwerp tomorrow.
Bisous,
Chelsea


1 Comments:
how funny...peeing on the tracks...well thats is great about the whole jim thing...i think...
Post a Comment
<< Home