Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yes, I am alive.

Sorry it's been so long since I've written, not an amazing amount has been happening here. Until yesterday, I guess.

Yesterday was Carnivale for my school, normally Carnivale is next week but the school chose one day to celebrate it on. The rhetos (seniors) put it all together and chose a theme, which was Far West this year. Everyone came dressed up as cowboys. The celebration was mostly a three hour long talent show. It was cool I guess but how many times can you watch girls who think they can dance hiphop? I really don't know. it was cool though, everyone was just throwing confetti and silly string at each other the whole time. And there was one semi-good band and a mosh pit started and I was pretty excited about that. I got to dancing and I'm still preparing for Ok Go. And there was a part where they put up all the pictures of the teachers and you could boo or cheer depending if you liked them or not. :)

For the last part of the show, all the rhetos got on stage and started dancing to Cotton Eye Joe and then I remembered the dance and I asked my friends if they knew and they were kinda like erm... there's a dance? So i decided to teach them which appearantly was a bad idea cuz they thought I was a psycho. I guess they don't really understand sqaure dancing here. I'm sure everyone in Utah County knows the dance though, all those stake dances...

They may not have liked my square dancing but they did like my Valentines! Those conversation hearts were a hit, and so was my yearbook. Everyone loves seeing that there actually are "pompom girls." But I'm not exactly sure if Vday here is for friends too or mainly boyfriends/girlfriends, so who knows? I may have a good part of the junior class thinking I've come on to them.

After school I spent the rest of the day in brussels with the other exchange students. We shared some Valentines and just spent the day with friends.

Next week is vacation! So excited! the family will be goe except me, Benoit and the dog, so I'll pretty much have the house to myself except that one of my friends needed a place to stay so she'll be here all week, we'll be chillin. that's about it, I'll probably be blogging sometime soon after Mardi Gras with pictures.

Bisous,
Chelsea

PS: Birthday shoutouts to Brayden and Bailey! A day early for Brayd but he's gonna be a teen! Watch out world! Happy bday to the best little brother and the best Bailey ever! Love you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home