The new fam
Well, I changed families on Sunday, I wsn't exactly sure how I felt about that... but I think I'm gonna be just fine in this family. My parents are Benoit and Pascale Denis and living here there are two kids, a 16 year old girl named Perrine and a 13 year old boy named Clement. I won't lie, when I heard there was a 16 year old girl, I was a little nervous about that but she seems really cool and I think we'll get along just fine, probably even more than fine. And Clement is probably the coolest little guy ever, besides Brayden that is.It really reminds me of home here, they have a dog, whose name I forgot but he completely reminds me of Jack. He's fat and black and lazy and he sleeps all the tme. Ringing any bells? And the house is full of Diet Coke, almost as much as at home. They also have the first three seasons of Gilmore Girls on DVD and I'm pretty excited about that.
Both of my parents work, my host dad is a landscaper and my host mom is an elementary school teacher in Brussels. Their daughter Larissa is in Argentina on her exchange. So now for the really good news, I have a full bed, my own bathroom, my own floor and CARPET!! So pretty much in Belgium, carpet doesn't exist or smething? I dunno but I got really excited to see that I do in fact, have carpet!
Yesterday, my first day here, we had a family event because it was the 10 year anniversary of the death of Pascale's mother. there was a mass at her father's house ad I met a bunch of the family. I guess every Sunday everyone goes to the Grandpa's house to eat dinner. And one ofmy host cousins i actually really good friends with one of my exchange student friends, Marissa. Everything is going great so far, getting to school isn't even as bad as I thought it would be. I just walk about 5 mintues to the train station then take a train to another train. I was imagining a lot worse. And some other really great news, I am now in KeyCard range of Brussels! For those of you who have no idea what that means, which is pretty much all of you I think, a KeyCard is a little train pass of 10 trips for 15 Euros, so I can get to school, Wavre and Brussels with it and that means lots of money saved on transportation! Yes!
Here is my new address,
Ru e Lauwers 13
1310 La Hulpe, Belguim
That's about it for now,
Bisous,
Chelsea


1 Comments:
haha so happy for u chels! u need to post more pics!
Winnie
Post a Comment
<< Home