Where's Waldo, Musical Style
So this is what I do when I am bored in Belgium... I felt like writing something but couldn't think of how to start, so I texted some friends to get ideas, they had some good ones but they didn't really strike my fancy. So I was listening to my iPod and it hit me: shuffle, first 20 band names, one story. So that is what I did. It's a little depressing actually but it's just what came out thanks to one of the band names. I only cheated once tho, I mean Saosin, gimme a break. I dunno, try to get all 20, I dare you. Some are obvious, some aren't.The leaves had already changed colors on that day in early November. Jimmy was attending a funeral for a friend. Well, actually, she had been more than a friend.
He stood in his brand new suit and tie, the color maroon #5, according to the saleswoman, but honestly, he didn't care. They had been together ince they were in diapers, she was the girl next door. A matchbook and Barbie romance.
He knew acceptance would come soon enough, but he didn't want it to. They had been partying in the city and she was too drunk to drive home. So he paid for a taxi for his cutie. Little did he know that the cab would crash and lead to her death. His muse, queen, punk rock princess was dead because of him. He didn't want to be rescued.
He looked at the painting of the lady of peace, felt anything but that. In his mind, the memories just rolled through: dressing up as pink spiders for Halloween when they were only seven, seeing her calm his nerves on the starting line of his first track meet, the summer that Uncle Dave shot himselft with a rocket firework, or when someone pulled the fire alarm at the disco, everyone panicked except them, they stayed to dance in the rain. It was like they had a soundtrack to life in Motion City.
He would never forget the time in fifth grade, she made a giant cake of the world for Earth Day. He was in a bad mood because he got a yellow card in his soccer game earlier and had to take it out on someone. Then he saw the cake that she tried to hide, but it was really in plain view. He ended up eating a good part of it before she walked in on him.
Then he stared at nothing in particular but somewhere in the general direction of the fray on the bottom of his pants, already. He thought about the job offer that Something Conglomorate Partners Crap. He had been thinking about taking it so he could make a life for them but now he realized that the last thing she would have wanted was for him to sell out. It was then that he started to feel better. Or maybe he was just numb.
So that's about it, i threw in some song title too. That's about it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home