¡Barthelona!
I just passed some wonderful vacation in Spain. It was amazing, I love that city. I know that some people don't like it because it's a little crazy but that's what I loved about it, all the randomness.So I had to be in Brux by 1 in the afternoon to take the bus and of course it was late, why wouldn't it be? There began my 18 hour bus ride.. We had to go to 2 other cities in Belgium to pick up the other students so they got a little less time than we did on the bus, lucky.
We went with a buncha South Americans and at first I thought I was going to kill myself. I have nothing racially against the Latinos but I don't know what it is about busses that makes them want to sing. Very loudly. With the biggest noise maker I've ever seen in my life. After a few hours they stopped, thankfully, then we watched The Green Mile and all fell asleep.
When we woke up, we were in Barcelona! We basically got off the bus (no hotel, no shower), felt disgusting but had a few hours of free time. Me and some friends just went exploring around and actually ran into a childrens soccer field and it was so fun to watch them play. We stayed there for about an hour watching them just because it was so classic. It was a crappy little field oh dirt with a bunch of ghetto buildings all hanging their laundry out and I loved it. We also checked out the 'world's most exciting street' but I forgot the real name of it. After our free time we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe and I sat next to Weezer and Counting Crows guitars so I was pretty happy about that. Then we had a guided tour of the center of town but I don't think any of us were up for that. it was really hot, we didn't get a whole lot of sleep on the bus the night before and none of us had showered so unfortunately I think we seemed a little rude to the guide because we had such a short attention span.
Our hotel was about 40 min away from the city but RIGHT on the beach. We pretty much walked 2 mintues and we hit sand. The first night there we had a little party on the beach, just hangin out, it was pretty fun.
The next day we went to Park Guell, which was designed by Gaudi. I have to say, that man is a genius. His works are amazing. We spent the morning there then we had a couple of hours of free time in the center again. After that we went to Sagrada Familia and I just hope that it will be finished before I'm dead. That cathedral will be so beautiful. Thankfully, we went back to the hotel pretty early that night. We were all completely exhausted so we came back and had a little nap or went swimming in the pool or ocean and just relaxed then had another little party on the beach.
The next morning we had to wake up early which sucked but we got to visit Casa Batllo, another one of Gaudi's works. That man was so gifted it's hard to believe. In the house he got rid of all straight lines and everything in there was based on something from the sea. His creativity just amazes me.
Then we headed over to the Picasso museum and that was very interesting but still not as good as the Van Gogh museum or the Gaudi things. Some of it was really cool but Picasso just isn't exactly my style. After that we had some more free time where me and some friends went down to the beach that's just off downtown and just hung out there for a little bit. It was so good to see palm trees and sand and water that isn't freezing. Then we went to eat a real Spanish dinner which was actually really good, even tho it was sea food. The only thing that turned me off was the shrimp just cuz I can't stand them. It's like they look at me with their little beady eyes from my plate. Anyway, it was pretty good. Then we were onto the bus.. again. Only this time everyone was WAY too tired to sing. Basically we sat down on the bus and it was like someone turned the swtich off, we all passed out within an hour.
Overall it was a great trip but there was only one thing I was disappointed in and it was that I wasn't with all my Brussels Crew. I was with a bunch of people from another city called Liège and it was cool I like them but it was kinda like a one last hoorah for them all together and I missed my closer friends. But not a huge deal, I'll definitely say bye to them too.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home