Wednesday, May 09, 2007

New hosts...

So some things about my new host family, they're pretty dang cool. I think as far as host families go, my heart will always be with the Denis, but the Romains are a pretty close second. I lvoe this family cuz they laugh a lot. Not that my other familes didn't, they just seem to laugh at things I would laugh at anway. Like when we were watching the French presidential elections there were a bunch of motorcycles following the cars of the two canidates and one of them fell over while filming and my host mom almost had a fit. It makes me feel a little more at home cuz it's something I would laugh at with my family.

The food isn't amazing but that and the fact it takes me so long to get to Brussels are pretty much my only complaints. My host mom calls my host dad "mon amour" when she's happy with him and "chef" when she's upset, I think it's pretty funny. Whenever the kids here the word "chef" we all know to leave the room. I get along realy well with my host brother Julian, he went to the US on exchange too so we have a lot to talk about. My host dad has some really weird food specialties, I think I've mentioned the steak and onions and bread for breakfast thing, he has another one for dessert. It's a banana that I think is stuck in the oven, I'm not sure, (it's hot and soft, I assume it was in the oven) then he cuts it open, pours some alcohol in it and lights it on fire. Then we eat! Kinda weird. Just one more thing I don't like, forgot to mention that they watch TV while eating dinner. That bothers me a little cuz I feel like the best time to talk and get to know each other are at meals, but whatever. I'll work at it anyway.

The house isn't packed with Diet Coke or amazing DVDs but I think I'll live. I've visited the Denis twice already, I really miss them, I hope they'll visit me in Utah. I think that's it for now, gotta shower.

Bisous,
Chelsea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home