LOVE <3
= Dave MatthewsDefinitely one of the best concerts of my life, I had been waiting for this one since I was about 12.
I went with some friends, Kelsey, Charlie, Emily, Marcos and Alison. When we got to the venue, there was actually a line for the concert and we got there fairly early, so that's saying a lot for Belgium. We were in general admission so that was really cool and everyone was dancing during the show, also saying a lot for Belgium.
The opening act kinda sucked, I forgot his name but it was only one guy a an acoustic guitar, which I'm a fan of normally but he didn't shut up about President Bush. Ok, I don't like him that much, but really there are more things to sing about other than how much you hate him. So after about 45 minutes of crappy political music, he finally went off. I wasn't too disappointed.
Then Dave came on.
I almost had a stroke I was so excited.
The first song was Don't Drink the Water and I was just grinning from ear to ear dancing. They played for 2 and a half hours. During the middle of some of their songs they would break out into the solos and I was amazed at their skills, especially the fiddler, that guy is sick. And when Dave did his solos, they were so cool. You'd see him just testing the waters on whatever he was gonna do, then he'd scrunch his eyebrows and get even closer to his guitar and then it was perfection. When he played Crash I don't think my life could have gotten any better than how it was at that moment. After they went off I'm pretty positive I lost much hearing from the roar of the crowd calling them back. They played a 3 song encore, and that was that.
After the show we went to go stay at a friends house but because all public transportation stops at midnight, we had to walk. But it wasn't that bad, it wasn"t raining and we loved the company we were in. We didn't get to his house until about 2 but it was so worth it.
To anyone that has the chance to see him, DO IT!
Bisous,
Chelsea


1 Comments:
two words- so jealous! Wish I could have been there, but I sure was thinking about you and all the other DMB fans in the family who would have loved to be there too :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home