More friends, perhaps?
So today was my first full day of school, only it wasn't really full. First I had a double French period with the teacher I can't understand. I don't think I have ever been more confused in my life. She was talking about abbreviations or something and I think even the kids who speak French were confused. Pretty much the only part I got was when she put EXIST(sme) on the board. I figured out it means existentialism (thanks, Straylight Run).After that I had a free period. When I first found out about it I thought I was gonna be the only one just chillin in the halls or whatever but turns out my class had it too. So I was just hanging out sitting on a bench and this group of people came over and asked if I wanted to come with them, so I did. I really do appreciate this gesture but we had absolutely nothing in common. After we got through everyone's names it was kinda like "So... the grass is very green."
My 2nd class was English. My principal put me there so we can exchange words and such. So I was just hanging out then my teacher came up to me and started talking to me about a project I can do. I'm going to make a presentation on a bunch of different places in England and talk about Shakespeare and Elizabeth I because that class is going there this year. And I help the teacher out because there is an odd number of students learning English in the class so I do stuff when we get paired up. Today we did a pairs thing and we had this paper with a bunch of different questions we were supposed to ask and it was so easy that it was hard. My partner was the girl from Tuesday whose name I can now remember (Marie). It was hard because I could think of about a thousand different ways to say the question but I had to remember to do it the only way the students know how.
I had another free period after that and this time my class didn't have it with me. By that time it was sunny so I was just laying on a bench in the sun listening to my ipod. I thought I heard something so I opened my eyes and there was a person right above me and I was so suprised I almost fell off my bench. It was a guy in my class whose name I think is Jerome but I could be mistaken. I was a little suprised it was him because I've never talked to me but I wasn't complaining because he's pretty cute. We talked for a little bit then his friends called him over to play football with him and that was the end of that, unfortunately. Lunch was after my free period so I was just on my bench then Marie came up and told me to come with her. I met all her friends and they're pretty cool. I think they're the people I would be friends with anyway. We started talking about music and turns out they like the same music I do! YAY! Only they don't have the same depth into underground music as me. Their favorites are bands like U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse and Green Day which is probably about as good as it will get here because everyone likes rap. They introduced me to a French rock band... something like Indochine? Then I introduced them to Jack's Mannequin and they all loved it (I think it's impossible to not).
I had another double English period after that with one of the girls from the new group, Louise. They were learning how to make a conversation and the teacher got so excited I was in the class. She had the students ask me any questions they wanted but only in English, it was extremely tough for me. In this class I think I'm just gonna be like a teacher's assistant. That's all for today.
Bisous,
Chels


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home