Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What is up with the fanny packs???

So first things first... turns out Fabio isn't the only one who wears fanny packs around his neck. I am astounded people actually do this. Just the name "fanny pack"... I can't get over it. I was very suprised when I saw the brand of it... freakin Lacoste! I guess it's gangsta or something...

Anyways, just another school day. My first period was double French and some girls had said hi to me earlier and invited me to sit with them, for which I was grateful. On the very first day of school I met who I thought was going to be my teacher and she seemed very nice and I liked her a lot but turns out there's a new teacher. At first I thought "Oh this is no bueno" because I didn't know if she knew my situation. She explained why she was teaching instead but I didn't really understand it because A) it was in French and B) I am a zombie in the morning. She then explained a project we had to do and I understood but I was just freaked out about how to do it. We had to choose a way to introduce ourselves from the paper she gave us and they were all a little hard. On the inside I am freaking out then the teacher comes over to me and talks with me a little bit. She says I don't have to choose one on the paper I could just write about myself normally. So I think Ok, I can handle this. Writing is something I can do. I take back the no bueno she's pretty nice. I write the little page about myself and I'm just dandy then all the sudden she starts calling on people to read their papers and I start freaking out but then I think No, she didn't say anything about speaking. I think I'll be ok. We listen to a few students and we clap and such and then I hear my name. I look up and she asks if it's done and I squeak out a oui and then she tells me it's my turn. If there was ever a moment in my life when I needed to throw up/burst into tears/curse a thousand times at the teacher, this was it. I read my paper and made sure to not make eye contact with anyone and finally when I'm done, I've never been so relieved in my life.

After that class I went to ANOTHER French class. I pretty much had no idea what was going on. I understood the other teacher much better when she spoke. I figured out one thing though, we get to go to the theatre 4 times as a class.

Following French class #2, there was a 15 minute break. I had no idea what to do so I kinda sat there and watched everyone else, all by my lonesome. I regret every time I have ever shunned a new kid. Everyone knows who I am but no one will talk to me. New goal: be nice to new kids. After the break I had history, where I ended up sitting next to another fanny pack kid (why??). We learned something about the rise of capitalism... yeah, I didn't pay an amazing amount of attention in that class. Nothing else of note really happened so I guess I'll write again tomorrow.

Bisous
Chels

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home